A blog of book reviews, by 'Til

'Til I write my own novel, I'll read the work of others and write my thoughts here. . . for research.

Friday, February 19, 2010

The Danagers of The Family Life

i have been physically injured on multiple occasions since i've been a wife and mother. so many time so, that i can say with confidence that being a wife and mother is a dangerous job. yesterday i was hurt yet again, while mothering. i cried. i stood at the driver's side of the car and just sobbed. my feelings were hurt and my leg was bleeding onto my work dress.

therefore, i've decided to put together this list both as a warning to want-to-be and new parents. it's that bright yellow WARNING label that should come on babies and husbands.

1) scrapped my entire back on concrete while saving my oldest son from a bike accident at the park
2) while carrying my oldest son i tripped over a curb and then fell back first onto said curb
3) burned ALL 10 of my finger tips making a school project
4) scalded un-countable times trying to cook
5) kicked, scratched, hair pulled, peed on etc. . . . .

i am scared. so so so very scared.

No comments: